For this tutorial we will use the Red Camilla demo as an example.
In Red Camilla we have 3 portfolio types – Client Work, Personal and Video. Each type has 3-4 portfolio entries in it. To create such a layout, follow these steps:
1) Go to Theme Options > Advanced and ENABLE “Project Types Taxonomy for Portfolio”
2) Go to Portfolio > Project Types and give a name for each of your portfolio groups (ex., Personal, Weddings, Couples etc.)
3) Go to Portfolio > All Entries and assign each of your entries to its Project Type by typing the name of the project type in the “Project Type” metabox.
4) When all of your entries are assigned to the right project types, go to Appearance > Page Builder
5) Place a new “Section” block in your Page Builder, click on the blue cog icon, give this section a name (ex., Client Work) and set its “Section Scroll Direction” to Horizontal or Disable Scroll (to make your entries fit the screen size at all times)
6) Place “Portfolio Enrties” block inside this new section and choose the Project Type you’d like to display in this page.
7) Repeat step 5 – 6 for all of your project types.
8) Click the “Save Template” button.
Adding Portfolio Pages to Submenu
As you can see in the Red Camilla demo, all these 3 portfolio pages are accessible trough the Portfolio page (you can read how to create such page here) and also trough the sub menu. To add them to submenu, go to Appearance > Menus and nudge your submenu pages under your main page to create a dropdown menu.