This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tanita 3 months ago.

Unable to update

Tried the migration and i don’t think it’s successful. A few issues i’m encountering and cannot figure why:

• There was an error when migration happened, not sure what to do to re-start or fix issue
    • My menu categories are all gone
    • New portfolio entries appears to have everything migrated, but none of the categories stayed on.

Please advice how I can fix this, and if there is a way to get someone to fix it for me with extra payment i am willing to do so.

Hi,

There was an error when migration happened, not sure what to do to re-start or fix issue

Could you post here the text message of the error? I’m not sure what solution to give if I don’t know what exactly is the error?

My menu categories are all gone

Are you referring to the pages listed on your website under your logo?

New portfolio entries appears to have everything migrated, but none of the categories stayed on.

I don’t understand what you mean by that? Is this related to the second issue you mentioned?

Unfortunately I didn’t capture a screenshot of the error message. But i’m not too concerned about it since my photos seemed to have all migrated onto the new portfolio.

I have posted some screen shots I hope that helps with my explanation. The menu no longer has the categories and thePortfolio Categories section is empty on the new portfolio.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The galleries should have been migrated together with their categories, I can’t tell why that didn’t happen without seeing any error message. If you have a backup of your website, you should restore it and then try again, or post the login details here so I could do the migration process to the new Portfolio plugin.

You can add/remove menu items from Appearance > Menus.

This reply has been set as private.

Hi there,

As you can read in the “error message”, there are no portfolio entries to migrate and there are no projects. It really isn’t an issue, you can just close this message and then follow the theme documentation to set up your theme.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.