This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Sarmas 6 months ago.

Testimonials

Hello!

I purchased the Watson theme and imported the 2 files so i get the default pages and layout.
    Except when you go to the pricing page you see a neat Testimonials section with small photo’s and text on your demo version.

When i try to add the testimonals with [testimonials category=”23″] i get a really big picture with not the same lay-out as the demo page.

How can i get the same lay-out as the demo one? 🙂

Hope you can help!

Greetings,

Ferry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I found out that a button on the bottom of the page enables the Testimonial plugin. Is there a way to add this as a shotcode so i can add this in the middle of a page?

Hi,

The testimonial element on your page looks exactly like the one on the demo page http://watson.bycolormelon.com/studio-session/

I found out that a button on the bottom of the page enables the Testimonial plugin. Is there a way to add this as a shotcode so i can add this in the middle of a page?

I don’t understand what button you’re referring to.

Hi Danial,

That is true! I fixed it myself because I found the button to add the exact same testimonial layout.

What i mean is that:
    When you create a new page, there is a button on the bottom of the edit page to add a testimonial. This is really nice! (see screenshot)

But when you enable that button the Testimonial is added on the bottom of the page by default, there doesn’t seem to be a way to add the Testimonial on the middle of a page. Is there a shortcode so i can place the Testimonial wherever i want?

Greetings,

Ferry

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Ferry D..
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You can use the testimonial shortcode from the admin panel > Testimonials > Testimonials. It looks like this (with a different ID value):

Hi Danial,

Thank you for your reply!

I already tried that but then you get the lay-out from the default Testimonal plugin and not the lay-out from the Watson theme.

You can see a preview of that layout from the attachment on my first post.

I understand now. The underlying code is different for those 2 layouts. A possible solution could be to move the testimonial element from the bottom of the page to a different place on the page using jQuery, if you tell me where on the page you want to move the testimonial slider, I could post here the code.

Hi Danial!

Super nice of you 🙂

I created a default pricing page with the (mysite/prijslijst)

In the middle of the page i would like to add this code.

So not on the portfolio page or blog if that would complicate the code.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Ferry

You need to create a child theme, then add a “functions.php” file inside the child theme directory with this content:

(remove the empty space between “<" and "?" on the first line)

Hi Danial!

Thank you for your quick reply.

I followed the tutorial, added the file (minus the space) and enabled the child theme in my settings.
    But when i add the [testimonials category=”23″] on the prijslijst page (868) the testimonial still looks like the original template.

I double checked if the page that i created has the number 868 and this is correct.
    Is there something i can do about this?

Hope you can help me!

Thanks,
    Ferry

I think you misunderstood me. The code I posted here will simply change the location of the already existing testimonial which appears by default at the bottom of the page. That code doesn’t change the layout of the testimonial shortcode.

Also when i enable the Child theme, my pricing list (3rd party plugin) isn’t alligned in the middle, but all to the left.

I tried adding the code you typed for me directly in the root of the theme (functions.php) and get the same result, so the child theme is working fine.

Ah i did misunderstood you! Even when i enable the Testimonial with the child theme enabled i don’t see it in the middle, it stays in the same place. And ofcourse that my pricing is totally aligned to the left now (see mysite/prijslijst for a live preview)

I removed the 3rd party pricing table from the page to test if the pricing plugin is interfering with your code, but the same result pops up.

I have two different text fields, so the testimonial should be between those text fields right?

It looks like the closing tag < / script > was stripped out. I’ll post the correct code here: https://pastebin.com/raw/wbWBWS5A

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.