This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tanita 5 days ago.

Single portfolio entry as Home page

If you don’t want to display your whole portfolio page as a Front page, you can set a single, open entry to be your Front page.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Create your portfolio entry (Portfolio > New Portfolio Entry)

2. Go to Pages > Add New

3. Give this page a name – example, “Front Page Entry”.

4. Set the Page Template to “Single Portfolio Entry

5. A new dropdown will show up. Choose the entry that you created in step 1

6. Click on the “Publish” button

7. Go to Settings > Reading
    8. Set your Frontpage to “Front Page Entry” (the page you created in step 3)

Hi! It’s not working for me.   No new drop down showing up in 5.  Nothing happens at all. What I’m doing wrong? Any suggestion?

https://youtu.be/jPaoAp38Fds

Hi there,

thanks for the video – very useful!

We are still working to make sure that Bluebird works properly with the new WordPress editor. Looks like the new editor doesn’t work properly with this setting. We will create an update for this, but meanwhile here’s what you need to do:

1. Go to Plugins > Add New
    2. Install “Classic Editor” plugin – this plugin will replace the new WordPress panel with the classic, old one.

Now go to Pages > Add New, set the Template to “single portfolio post” and you will see that dropdown! (Screenshot attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello! Thanks for the answer! I installed the plugin and it became better, but still I can’t select my portfolio in the drop-down list. Video attached.

Thanks again!

https://youtu.be/NsctEk94VNk

Hi there,

Can you please share your username and password in a private reply? I think it will be faster if I go in an have a look around!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.