This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Sarmas 2 months ago.

Portfolio sorting from Pictures

Hello.

I have the Problem that the sorting of the Pictures in the Portfolio does not work anymore. Maybe after a Update from WordPress?! Before i can drop a picture and place it on any place in the portfolio. This Function is not working.

Maybe you have a idea and can help me.

Andreas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

Does installing and activating the “Classic Editor” ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/ ) fix the problem? If so, then there’s an incompatibility with the new WordPress editor.

i tested it and the Problem is still there. 🙁

Do you have any other portfolio/gallery related plugins installed that might interfere with our Portfolio plugin? If so, then please disable them and check if that fixed it. If not, then could you create a new account with the “Administrator” role and post the login details here in a private reply?

I read in the new wordpress version is a portfoliofunction included. Maybe this is the problem. Didnt found out how to deactivate this. I will generate a new account later then and send you.

This reply has been set as private.

I’ve tested it on my localhost installation of the theme and it looks to be a WordPress 5.0 incompatibility. The theme is currently marked as “unsupported” on Theme Forest, so only more serious bugs which make the theme unusable will be fixed in future updates, and I doubt this minor bug will be investigated and fixed, but I will add it to our bug list nonetheless.

Okay Thank you.

Having the same problem!

Same issue! I came here hoping someone would have a solution as being able to rearrage my images in this theme is crutial! Is there going to be a solution? Or is there a workaround or a way to go back to a older version of wordpress even just so I can be able to rearrage my images??? Please HELP! lol.

Also, tried the classic editor option above and that did not work for me either.

Hi,

Here’s one way of downgrading WordPress to version 4.9.8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ2sYA5bo1g

This worked! Thank you SO much.. at least it is a good workaround for now! I do surely hope that you guys can try and make it a priority to fix the theme to work with the latest versions though, I eventually will need to update wordpress… and dont want to have to change themes!

I am having the same issue.

This is very disappointing that you are not interested in addressing the problem and no longer offer support for the theme.

I see that the Advanced Custom Fields plugin is basically a part of the theme. Wouldn’t this be a matter of updating that part of the theme to the most recent version of ACF – that is compatible with WP 5.0?

It’s not an option to downgrade the site to WP 4.9.8.

Hi,

I understand where you’re coming from, but due to the developer’s limited availability that issue hasn’t been fixed yet and I can’t tell if or when an update will be released. Also, all our themes have been marked for a while now on Theme Forest as unsupported. Regarding the fix, besides updating the ACF plugin, an update will also be needed to our Portfolio plugin which seems to have some sort of incompatibility with the versions 5.x of ACF, so the issue is little bit more complex.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.