This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Sarmas 1 week ago.

Porfolio viewable as Draft, not when Published

My portfolios don’t show up anymore. They used to. But now when I try to access them I get nothing but the home page (http://sandynoblephotography.com/portfolio/portraits/).

But the weird thing is that I can Preview them when they are Drafts (attached)

Site is running WordPress 5.0.3 with Kameron 2.0.2. All plugins up to date.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

Have you added any code to your .htaccess file (located in the root of your WordPress installation)? If not, then could you create a new user with the “Administrator” role and post the login details here in a private reply?

This reply has been set as private.

I went to Settings > Permalinks, and clicked on “Save changes” to reset the permalinks and now the galleries load fine.

Thanks!

Ugh. Behavior is inconsistent. Portfolios look ok the first time but upon second or third viewings they begin to disappear.

Attachments:

I’ve entered and exited that gallery multiple times and don’t get any blank screen. Could you try clearing your browser’s cache or use a private tab instead?

I’ve replicated the problem on the following

• iPad/Chrome/Incognito
    • iPad/Safari/Private
    • Android/Chrome/Incognito
    • Win 10/Edge/InPrivate (2 devices)
    • Win 10/Chrome/Incognito (2 devices)
    • Win 10/Internet Explorer
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  john f..

I’ve tried on Chrome on Windows 10, 7 and Android with no luck. Can you specify the exact steps you did to get that blank screen? Do you go directly to a certain gallery or go to the homepage and then click on a menu link or Portfolio entry to arrive at a gallery? Do you then use the back button to go back to the homepage (or do you go to a different pages) or use the “X” button? Does the blank page always appear within 2-3 tries, or does sometime take much more tries for it to appear?

On Win 10/Chrome/Incognito

1. http://sandynoblephotography.com
    2. Start Scrolling “Okay”
    3. Click on “Sandy Noble Photography” – either first menu entry or first photo
    4. If photo appears, click Menu/Sandy Noble Photography again and again and it will eventually go white. When it does, the portfolio will flash briefly before going white.
    5. Interestingly, if you get the blank screen, clicking Refresh will fix it. But repeating Step 3 will make it happen again.

https://youtu.be/4giXalf8Z-U

This is very weird, I’ve tried on Opera and Firefox and no bug there. Do you get the same issue on the demo website http://kameron.bycolormelon.com/ ? When you get that blank screen, could you right click on the page, select “Inspect”, click on the “Console” tab and see if there’s any error message (written in red letters) logged there? Would it be possible for you to try to replicate this bug on a device which you haven’t used in the past to access your website?

Not getting the error on the Demo site.

This is error reported on the Console (attached).

Thank you for helping with this. It is very puzzling indeed!

Attachments:

Have you made any changes directly to the theme files? I’ve installed and activated a fresh copy of the theme, could you check if the error still appears?
    The gallery from your screenshot has only 1 photo, do you get the same blank screen from galleries which have more than 1 photo?
    Would it be possible for you to try to replicate this bug on a device which you haven’t used in the past to access your website? I’m not sure if this is some type of weird caching issue only for your devices (or some sort of browser extension conflict) or an issue with the theme itself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.