This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 5 months ago.

PHP failture

Hello, on my testserver I can run the installation without any problem. If I copy the installation to another server the portfolio plugin shows following failture:

wp-content/plugins/photography-portfolio/photography-portfolio.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/homepages/42/d567827064/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Freestyle/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>4835</b>

<b>Warning</b>: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/homepages/42/d567827064/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Freestyle/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>4838</b>

<b>Warning</b>: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/homepages/42/d567827064/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Freestyle/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>4841</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/42/d567827064/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Freestyle/wp-includes/functions.php:4835) in <b>/homepages/42/d567827064/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Freestyle/wp-admin/includes/misc.php</b> on line <b>1116</b>

PHP is also 7.1, tested with 7 and 5.6

What can be wrong?

Best regards, Peter

Hi,

That might be a permission issue. Could you set all folders of your new WordPress installation to 755, and all files to 644?

Hello Daniel,

thanks for fast reply. I have controlled the permissions > they are all OK. I have also deactivated all other plugins, a new install of WP, is it always the portfolio plugin when activated.

Do you need any accounts for a look?

Best regards, Peter

Yes, login details would help. You can post them here in a private reply.

This reply has been set as private.

Can you check that there is a file called “photography-portfolio.php” in /wp-content/plugins/photography-portfolio/ and that its permissions are set to 644 ?

Hello, I had set the plugin folder to 755. The photography-portfolio.php are also set to 755.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I’ve activated both instanced of the “Easy Photography Portfolio” plugin and a fatal error appeared. Could you delete one of the plugins (by deleting its folder from /wp-content/plugins/) and removing the “.old” from the name of the folder of the other plugin (so it’s just “photography-portfolio” instead of “photography-portfolio.old”) ?

Yes. Done. The Folder with .old is deleted.

Apparently WordPress can’t find the “photography-portfolio.php” file in /wp-content/plugins/photography-portfolio/. Could you create an FTP account as well and post the login details below in a private reply?

This reply has been set as private.

Can I activate maintenance mode?

Can I activate maintenance mode?

Sure.

Your website is trying to open a file from your old server ( /Applications/XAMPP/blueprints/freestyle.dev.cc/wp-content/plugins/photography-portfolio/photography-portfolio.php ), instead of the file from your current server, so it might be a caching issue. Could you contact your hosting provider and ask them to clear the server side cache for your account (if such thing exists) ? According to what the developer says here ( https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-trying-to-open-photography-portfolio-php-from-old-server-path/ ), it’s not related to our plugin but a server issue.

One thing you could try is to install WordPress, the Nikko theme and all the plugins as a fresh installation (new clean database). If you don’t get any error then the above issue might be caused by an incorrect migration process.

OK. Thank you very much.

Best regards, Peter

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.