This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adrienn K. 2 months ago.

"go to previous page" doesn't work

Hi,

Clients told me that when they look at my photo galleries and they use the “go to previous page” button on their computer/internet, they get a blank page instead of going to the previous page. They then have to refresh the site url to watch my website. I tried it myself and they are wright. Does it has anything to do with the settings on my website? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Kristel

Hi,

Do you notice the same thing on the demo website http://luka.bycolormelon.com/ ? I can’t replicate the bug. What web browser and Operating System do you use?

Hi,

The demo website gives the same bug. I use an iMac and MacBook (macOS 10.14) with a safari browser.

Meanwhile I tried it on a windows computer and then the bug doesn’t occur. On my iPhone (iOS 12.1) the “go to previous page” also works (with safari).

I’ve added it to our bug list, thanks for reporting it.

You ‘re welcome!

Is there any solution for this problem? I’ve experienced the same on Mac with Safari. If I use Chrome or Mozilla on Mac, everything works fine.

Thank you!

Hi,

It hasn’t been fixed yet and unfortunately I can’t give a specific date for it.

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not acceptable for us and our client. Please give me some advice, what cause the problem and how to solve it on our own.

Thanks is advance,

Adrienn

You’ll need to create a child theme first and activate it. Then create a “safari_bug_fix.js” file (and place it inside the child theme folder) with this content:

Then create a functions.php file inside the child theme folder with this content:

(remove the empty space between "<" and "?" on the first line)

I added the fix code through Code Snippets plugin. Will it be included on a feature theme update?

I can’t confirm whether it will be added to the next version of the theme or not, but if you’ve added that code through a child theme (or any other method which doesn’t involve direct editing of the theme files), then this fix will remain active even if you update the theme in the future.

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately the solution above not worked for me. I’ve created a child theme, activate it then create the safari_bug_fix.js and the functions.php file, move them to the child theme’s folder but this is resulted a white screen. 🙁

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Adrienn

Can you create a new user account with the “Administrator” role and post the login details here in a private reply?

This reply has been set as private.

I’ve created and activated the child theme.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.