This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Sarmas 2 months ago.

Caching?

(Using: Version: 2.2.6)

Hi all

I use a e-commerce plugin (wp photo seller) to sell prints etc on my website running the Camilla theme. I get occasional reports of customers saying their baskets are empty upon payment. The plugin author is adamant the most likely issue is caching related and advised to disable any plugin that caches.

Can you advise if Camilla comes with any code/plugin that caches? and if so can this be disabled?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Simon H..

Hi,

The theme doesn’t include any plugin that caches. You could try asking your hosting provider if they use any server-side caching app.

Thank you for your prompt reply Daniel

My host also claims they don’t cache… so I’m wondering if is this a browser or ISP issue?

If you could give me more details about the problem I might be able to give some advice. Usually the shopping cart is emptied after the customer finalizes a purchase. Or did I not understand the issue correctly?

If you could give me more details about the problem I might be able to give some advice. Usually the shopping cart is emptied after the customer finalizes a purchase. Or did I not understand the issue correctly?

The cart is emptying on the checkout page, but pre-payment (as opposed to post-payment) so one step before finalisation.

Does refreshing the page bring back the products into the cart?

Does refreshing the page bring back the products into the cart?

I’m not sure… it’s a error I’ve not been able to replicate personally (but had enough reports for it to be credible)

You could ask your visitors for that information, along with what OS and web browser they used. I can’t provide more help without having the steps on how exactly to replicate the issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.